Jack C. Elbaum, D.D.S.
Chantal Scott-Alpizar, D.M.D.
501 Hillcrest Avenue
Westfield, NJ 07090
- Call: (908) 232-4400
Welcome to Westfield Dental Associates
To our valued patients and families at Westfield Dental Associates:
While many things have had to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic, one thing has remained the same:
Our commitment to you & your family’s dental health and
especially your overall health and safety.
We kindly ask for your consideration and patience as
we follow the most up-to-date infection control recommendations
from state and federal agencies.
At this time, we are continuing to ask ALL patients to wear a mask
upon entering and throughout the office,
unless seated in the dental chair for treatment.
Prior to your appointment:
• Our office will contact you to confirm your appointment either via phone or text and remind you that Masking is required in our office. Our staff is screened daily and are masking upon entering our building as well.
• We ask that you do not bring companions into the office unless absolutely necessary. Please plan your transportation and logistics accordingly. Feel free to discuss any accommodations that you may need when you confirm your appointment so that we can be prepared.
• Our appointments will be staggered to allow for appropriate social distancing, meaning less patients and minimal staff in the office each day.
This may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We apologize for this but hope that our vigilance continues to protect our patients and staff.
During your appointment:
• Each patient must wear a facial mask or covering when entering the office, and when leaving your treatment room at the end of the visit.
• When you enter the office, we will use a no-touch thermometer to take your temperature along with reviewing health questions. Patients with a fever will be asked to leave and consult with their physician.
• You will find hand sanitizers and handwashing areas throughout the office for your use as needed.
At the end of your appointment:
• We may schedule future visits and/or discuss treatment or financial questions while you are still in the treatment room. We can also use secure email or phone to discuss treatment or financial questions, either before or after your visit.
• All staff members will be wearing enhanced PPE such as face shields and respirators.
• You will see things such as physical acrylic barriers at the reception area.
• We have installed medical grade HEPA air purifiers in each patient room and throughout the office and additional suction apparatus in each operatory to keep any aerosol down to an absolute minimum.
• Each operatory is as always cleaned and sanitized thoroughly after patient usage and rechecked prior to seating another patient.
• We are also staggering appointments and rotating between rooms in order to allow proper time for additional sterilization procedures, to keep patient traffic to a minimum and to maximize the valuable schedule time.
• Our waiting room has been modified for adequately distanced seating.
• All “High Touch” areas such as door handles, front desk counters, the bathrooms etc., will be continuously cleaned and monitored.
• Our cleaning company will also be, as always, disinfecting every night and implementing additional methods of sterilization nightly.
• Phone and video conferencing is available on a case to case basis.
We will continue to evaluate our systems and implementing changes when necessary.
Additional Information Links:
Please feel free to ask our staff any questions regarding the safety of our office or ways that we might be able to improve. We thank you very much for your patience and look forward to welcoming everyone back!
Dr. Elbaum, Dr. Scott-Alpizar, and the entire Westfield Dental Staff
Welcome to the website of your Westfield family dentists, where we have been serving Westfield and the surrounding communities for over 50 years. We specialize in personalized dental care, enabling us to provide the quality dental services that you expect and deserve for every member of your family. We provide comprehensive treatment planning and use restorative and cosmetic dentistry to achieve your optimal dental health. Should a dental emergency occur, we make every effort to care for you as soon as possible.
All Dental Insurances Accepted
Participation in Delta Dental
On-Site Accessible Parking Available ~ Evening & Saturday Hours ~ ADA Compliant Facility
On-Site Accessible Parking Available
Evening & Saturday Hours
ADA Compliant Facility